- Skip to Menu
- Skip to Content
- Skip to Footer>
The most reknowned Surgeon to successfully perform all four major joint replacement surgeries viz., Shoulder, Elbow, Hip & Knee since 1998
- Felicitated with "Rashtriya Ratna Award" by Global Economic Forum, New Delhi for his contribution towards rescue of earthquake victims at Anjar, Gujarat, 2001
- Felicitated with "Ramakrishna More Karyaksham Adhikari Puraskar" for exemplary leadership qualities
- "Vishwa Vivek Puraskar" for his contribution to trauma victims – 2005
- M.S. Orthopaedics – Gold medallist First in all surgical branches, University of Poona, Pune
- D.N.B. Orthopaedics, National Board of Examination, New Delhi
- Post Graduate student of
- Padmashree Dr. K. H. Sancheti, Sancheti Institute of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation.
- Dr. (Prof.) V. M. Kothari, KEM Hospital, Pune
- M.B.B.S., B. J. Medical College, Pune
ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) American Colleges of Surgeons (ACS) San Diego, USA 2001.
Research & Training
- Training in Joint replacement surgeries, under eminent surgeon Dr. Kent Samuelson, LDH Hospital for joint replacement, Salt Lake City, Utah USA.
- Training in Endoscopic and Minimal invasive spine surgery at Memphis USA
- Training for Minimal invasive spine surgery under eminent Surgeons like Dr. (Prof.) Bo Levander, Dr. Hakan Lofgren Neuro Orthopaedic, Ryhov Hospital, Jonkopping, Sweden
- Training in advanced cervical & lumbar spine surgery Spine Center University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden 1996
- Training in Microscopic Spine Surgery – Coimbatore, India
- Hand Surgery course, Bombay Orthopaedic Society
- Attended Courses and workshop on Joint Replacement, Basic Advance Fracture Fixation, Interlocking, Nailing of Tibia, Humerus at Ryhov Hospital, Jonkoping, Sweden
- Anterior Cervical Disectomy with fusion. Does Plate Fixation improve outcome of 124 cases – 2005
- Micro-lumbar Disectomy outcome study of 208 cases of Lumbar Disc Prolapse – 2005
- EMS & Pre-Hospital Care – Boon to Express Highway Polytrauma Victims – 2005
- "Role of Yogic Practices in the management of Patients with Chronic Backache problems with particular reference to activity related efficiency & Sexual behaviour." Funded by Indian System of Medicine & Homeopathy, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India – 2004
- Biometry of Hip / Knee Joint for development of Total Hip Replacement & Total Knee Replacement prosthesis for Indian Population.
- Road Safety and Trauma Management
- To formulate Medically, Socially & Financially viable Trauma system suitable for Indian scenario
- To study the results of Anterior Cervical Disectomy by Smith Robinson Fusion for Cervical Myelopathy & Radiculopathy.
- To study long-term results of Microscopic Lumbar Disectomy.
Professional Medical Achievements
- Established Super Specialty Comprehensive Unit in the Year 1998 for spinal surgery in collaboration with Ryhov Hospital, Sweden & till date since its establishment performed scores of advanced spinal surgeries. Only surgeon in Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation & surrounding area performing Microscopic & advanced Spinal Surgeries.
- First surgeon in Pune performing percutaneous LASER disc decompression.
- Established comprehensive Trauma System for the first time in India and saved Thousands of precious lives of accident victims on National Highway – IV who used to die during transportation. Performs approximately 1050 Trauma surgeries per year. And treating average 12000 patients per year.
- Established international standard Hospital extending all ultra modern treatment facilities as per the International norms. 5 Modular operating theaters with HEPA filter as per international standards. 60 bedded intensive critical care units as per the norms of American critical care society.
- Heads the Department of
- Emergency Medical services and Traumatology.
- Spine Care Center
- Joint replacement center
- Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine Center
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Performing around 1700 surgeries per year.
- Since 2003 main area of interest has been in Joint replacement and spinal surgeries., most of these after 2003 after the expansion and making facilities in the center on par with international standards and also using Navigated computer assisted technic,the number of Arthroplasties have significantly increased.
- The Arthroscopy & Sports medicine Unit is unique and the only unit with all modern equipments in Pimpri –Chinchwad Municipal Corporation.